ORECA represents and promotes the interests of electric cooperatives and their members.
- Protect the legislative and regulatory interests of electric cooperatives to maintain least cost reliable power.
- Protect local control for electric cooperatives’ governing boards.
- Oppose unnecessary regulation without demonstrated benefits.
- Maintain the ability of cooperatives to provide new member services.
- Support regional efforts to maintain the benefits to cooperatives of hydro-based power at least cost.
- Communicate with and educate elected officials on state and federal legislative and regulatory affairs impacting co-ops.